Friday, May 15, 2009

Welcome my dear baby

..............................

He arrived finally!!!

I did not have any idea that I was in labor already. Night prior the big day, I was feeling contractions, heavy yet bearable ones. I just ignored it for there was no feeling of intense pain or whatsoever. Though I found it hard to sleep the night before, shifting from one position to another, I still had a good rest and still managed to sleep tight. The following day, contractions were still there yet very manageable. I did the laundry, washed the dishes, and almost scrubbed the floor. Until I noticed that the contractions were getting frequent but still not painful, really. That was quite an experience I could not really describe. I texted my OB and greeted her a happy mother's day, and in passing I told her that there were contractions and they were getting frequent. She asked me to time the interval of each. When I texted her that it was between 20-25 minutes, she asked me to head to Delgado already.

HUWATT????!!!! was my first reaction. Elmer was not with me that time. He was with his kabit and he was having it washed. I called him and told him we had to go to Delgado as instructed by doctora. He did not finish his car wash anymore, headed straight home, and we packed our things. I was just cool, chilling. But Elmer, no matter how hard he tried to hide it, was obviously nervous.

Good thing the roads were clear so we were able to arrive at the hospital early. I headed to the labor room and I had four labormates there. Three of them were just okay, but the other one was shouting like crazy. I kinda felt scared. The screaming could be coming from my mouth soon. The mom who was shouting so loudly was transferred to the delivery room and finally the room was quiet again. A little after, one of my labormates was silently moaning, and moaning, until it got louder and louder. Oh, no!!! Another round!! She was ushered to the delivery room after sometime of shouting. I was still cool and still not in pain. One by one, my labormates were crying and shouting like crazy. Until finally, when they broke my water bag, aaggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!! That was really painful!! Then I understood why my labormates behaved that way.

May 10, 2009 at 7:45PM, I was transformed to what I have been dreaming of eversince.

Finally, somebody's gonna call me MOMMY.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reactions and Comments

Freelance Jobs